Friday, April 3, 2009

Think Like Carter

Today at school is Grandparent's Day. It's a really big deal at our school. The grandparents get to come and eat a big turkey dinner and they get to spend time visiting in the classrooms and the kids have practiced and practiced a program complete with props to put on for the Grandparents at the end of the day.

Emily and Carter have been really excited for quite some time now, counting down until today!!! We picked out fancy clothes to "look nice" for grandpa and grandmas, we got up early to get our hair done, we rounded up all of our props which included sunglasses for each child. We were ready to go. Early today, I might add.

We are walking out the door and I remind Carter to grab his sunglasses which I just saw him with because he had tightened a screw on the side so they wouldn't fall apart during the program. He comes back and says, "Mom, I can't find them!"

Consequently, we spent 15 minutes tearing the house apart looking for them and were late for school. Again. Every. single. day.! We didn't find them. I sent them to school without them, yelling the whole way about being late. Again!

Then, because I am the mommy I am, I went back home and looked some more! I called Al and he said, "Think like Carter. You've already looked everywhere you would look. Now think like Carter and look in odd places, yet out in the open. He didn't have time for them to go very deep."

Wise Words....


Think like Carter!!!!

(I took them up to the school in time for him to wear for the program!)

2 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! I will remember this strategy the next time our family is in this situation! Good job, Mom and Dad!

Amy

Site Counter

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30 something mother of 3 beautiful children, wife to a hard working farmer who is also my best friend, part-time librarian,constant reader, dreamer, writer,amateur photographer, and friend. I'm growing and changing and becoming more me everyday.