Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Posting...

Casey has been afraid to be moved much or try new things. I suppose it is scary to be lifted around and not really be able to move your legs and you don't know if it's going to hurt or not because it has hurt really badly to be touched at all in the near past. We finally convinced him to try laying on his tummy and he loves it! He can reach his toys so much better to play with us or by himself! He is being such a good boy! Only occassionally does he ask to walk, swing, ride a 4-wheeler, etc. And he doesn't get upset when he realizes what he is asking. I couldn't ask for a better patient. We go for a follow up doctor's appointment tomorrow for an x-ray of his leg to see how it's healing and find out exactly how long the doctor wants to keep him in his cast. He had said 2 months before so that's what we're assuming. One week down...Stay tuned...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! He looks happy on his tummy!!! And look at all he can do!!!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

what a trooper!!! bet he is glad to be able to play!!!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Man oh man Stacey!

Still praying for you and Casey as you deal with all "the stuff" that goes along with his injury!

He's still smiling though :)

Lindsay said...

I'm trying to picture what this must be like... and all I can say is :

YOU DESERVE AN AWARD!!

Looks like Casey is doing well. Hope you are too.

Rest well friend (if and when you get the chance)!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Wow, he looks so sweet and mellow through all of this yucky stuff he has to go through! I'm glad he is figuring out what works for him while he is in the cast. Very good perspective to just take it one day at a time! Yay for over one week down. :)

Site Counter

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30 something mother of 3 beautiful children, wife to a hard working farmer who is also my best friend, part-time librarian,constant reader, dreamer, writer,amateur photographer, and friend. I'm growing and changing and becoming more me everyday.