Saturday, August 16, 2008

I spy Saturday

Okay. So I was browsing some blogs the other day... you know how it happens. You read your friend, cousins, whomever's blog and then you read their comments and start clicking around checking other people's blogs out and pretty soon you are three or four blogs away from the original one you were reading in the first place. Anyway, I stopped on this one that had a "photo hunt", in fact, that may have been its name. I'm sorry I don't remember. But the concept stuck with me. The idea was that on a certain day each week visitors are on a hunt for a particular type of a photo opportunity and then to join in the fun they can post their photos on their own blogs.

So I thought...

I spy Saturday...

This Saturday I want you all to look for an "Iowa" picture. What is truly "Iowa" to you? For me, it's all about agriculture. I've been "spying" this particular view of tractors by the local ethanol plant for weeks now and am just amazed by the endless row of John Deere tractors left to rest on this particular stretch of train track.


There's just something about that green and yellow all shiny and new....


So, to join in my game, go on an "I spy Saturday" photo hunt today. Whether you have time to actually go and shoot some "Iowa" pictures or you "hunt" through your files on your computer, it doesn't matter. Leave me a comment (Please leave me a comment) and post your pics on your own blog!! If you don't have a blog, just leave me a comment. If you do have a blog, do BOTH.

No matter what, have fun and find out what Iowa truly means to you!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea - they moved the tractors today; had to wait going into town for the long line to pass. Lucille

Anonymous said...

Didn't do a hunt, trying to get ready for the first day of school. But thought I'd leave a message. I could have taken a picture of the sweat running down my back as I was getting my room ready for hot, humid first month of school in Iowa.

Happy first week of school.
Meg

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll play... Since I live out of state, when I think of Iowa I think of family.

Amy

Site Counter

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30 something mother of 3 beautiful children, wife to a hard working farmer who is also my best friend, part-time librarian,constant reader, dreamer, writer,amateur photographer, and friend. I'm growing and changing and becoming more me everyday.