Monday, June 2, 2008

Emily's first ever softball game




Emily decided that this year she wanted to try and play softball with her friends. We've had a few practices and then last week we had our first ever softball game. Since Ems had never played before, it's all been a series of little accomplishments. Her coach was so excited for her when she got up to bat because she hit the ball!!! It ended up fouling, but she hit it!!! She's doing better at catching and fielding too!! Most importantly, she's having fun with her friends and learning a new sport!!!

I remember playing softball when I was in elementary school, too. We lived out in the country and my dad would drive me to practice on his motorcycle. I also played catch with my grandpa (my dad's dad) and he used to say, "If you can touch it, you can catch it!" It's so neat to see Emily and Carter and Casey (soon) play and enjoy things that I did as a kid...

1 comment:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

How fun for Emily!
Brings back memories of Grandpa. He was so fun to play ball with wasn't he? He taught me so mcuh.

Site Counter

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30 something mother of 3 beautiful children, wife to a hard working farmer who is also my best friend, part-time librarian,constant reader, dreamer, writer,amateur photographer, and friend. I'm growing and changing and becoming more me everyday.