Taking pictures of people as your subject instead of flowers is way more difficult to accomplish a center focus with a blurry background. I did talk with a professional photographer and she told me it is more difficult with a point and shoot camera.
Here is my attempt and I think I kind of got it. It's not as blurry in the background as I was wanting, but it'll do for now. I have to save some $$$ to get a new camera. And besides, it is just nice to know that I can do it even against the odds.



5 comments:
Great pics. I just like it when I remember to take my camera places!
Meg
Nice! Very, very nice :)
Have a GREAT week!
So tell me what you did to make it work.
Mine seems to do best if I put it on AUTO and then MACRO.
Beth - I tried it 2 different ways; one in portrait mode with my zoom out about halfway and the other in A mode with my zoom out about halfway. My A mode is Aperature I believe. Anyway, it was the A mode that worked the best and you need to be close to the subject with what you want blurred pretty far away. At least this worked for me. I'm trying to learn...
Yup. Aperture mode is the one to use.
Can you open the aperture at all?
Or does the camera decide for you.
I have heard good and bad things about the D40.
You are not able to buy lenses that fit on other NIkons. Because of this I would look at the new D60.
The Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens is only $100....and you could do all the wonderful things you want to do with a camera and that lens.
Y our children are beautiful, by the way :o)
Post a Comment