Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Love Labor Day!

Good Friends and Kayaking on a beautiful day...


Al is totally relaxed and enjoying himself.

Here I am cooking Cheesy Chicken Italiano in my Dutch ovens for the crowd and my mom's birthday. My friend Vicky did a lot of help with this meal, but I think she took my camera and deleted some pics (gasp! I know) because I can't seem to find any...
More friends came for supper, but it was getting dark which also meant FIREWORKS!!! Al put on an awesome show...lanterns and all.
Super Casey! Emily took my camera and she and Casey played...
Check out the illusion. Cool huh?
Here, Casey has just slayed the dragon(dog) and saved the damsel (Emily).
Carter not caring that the river really is cold.
My kids could play in the sand and collect rocks and shells ALL day long...
My mom looked down and actually found an Indian arrowhead!!! For Real!!! Amazing! She's always wanted to find one and this weekend she did!! How cool is that?!
I think we all were ready for a little rest and relaxation and fun!! I love Labor Day!!

3 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I adored playing there when I was a kid. Best place ever. :) Cool to see the old house is still standing. :)

Lindsay said...

LOVE the pics! Hope you have a GREAT end to the summer~ :)

Vicky said...

Great pics! I promise I didn't delete any-you warned me!! :) But that's weird because I took a bunch of the yummy meal we made! :) Gotta do it again before it gets too cold!

Site Counter

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30 something mother of 3 beautiful children, wife to a hard working farmer who is also my best friend, part-time librarian,constant reader, dreamer, writer,amateur photographer, and friend. I'm growing and changing and becoming more me everyday.