Saturday, January 2, 2010

An Old Fashioned Quilting Bee

Last night UNI played basketball so Carter, Al and his dad went to the game. Lucille came over and brought me some yummy soup and hung out with Emily, Casey, and me.
I have this quilt that I started over 10 years ago. When we moved here, I even designed the bedroom to match this quilt. I have done the entire thing by hand. A couple of years ago, Lucille talked me into letting her help me just get it done. So last night we sat down and taught Emily how to hand quilt and the three of us girls sat in a circle quilting my quilt and watching the movie Casey picked out. He wanted to "help" also, but we convinced him he could sit under it with us.
It is very overwhelming to me, hand quilting such a large quilt, but I love the look and feel of what is done. And I still love the fabric that I chose so many years ago. Maybe this will be the year the end is really in sight and if I have help, just maybe I'll see it on my bed yet.
Either way, we had an enjoyable evening with our old fashioned quilting bee.



2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

That is so neat Stacey! I want to learn how to quilt.
I love all of these pictures! They are beautiful. Neat how all of the Christmas stuff is in the background. :)

Lucille said...

If you still love the fabric after this long, you always will. My fingers are healed and ready to go whenever you say. It is so great that Emily could quilt along - she learned so much! Thank you.
Dear Casey looks naked. :) Just so everyone knows he didn't desire any more clothing!

Site Counter

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30 something mother of 3 beautiful children, wife to a hard working farmer who is also my best friend, part-time librarian,constant reader, dreamer, writer,amateur photographer, and friend. I'm growing and changing and becoming more me everyday.